Chart & Almanac Familiarisation
- Explain what Information is available on an Admiralty Charts.
- Use Admiralty chart 5011 to look up the meaning of symbols and abbreviations used on Admiralty Charts.
- Plot a position on an Admiralty chart by means of latitude and longitude coordinates using a course plotter or other proprietary instrument.
- Explain what is meant by a Nautical Mile and how to calculate distance on an Admiralty Chart using chart dividers.
- Explain what is meant by the term Knot.
- Draw any bearing line on an Admiralty chart using a Portland Course Plotter.
- Use the Admiralty RYA Electronic Chart Plotter to confirm manually plotted positions, bearings and distances on the RYA training paper charts