Buoyage and Lights
- Describe different buoyage system IALA region A and IALA region B.
- Understand why it is necessary to understand direction of buoyage on charts
- Recognise lateral buoyage and safe water marks by day and night and realise what action is necessary to avoid hazards indicated by them.
- Know your cardinal buoyage by day and night, and decide what action is necessary to avoid the hazard indicated by them.
- Discriminate isolated danger marks, referred channel marks and special purpose marks by day and by night, and decide what action is necessary to avoid any hazard indicated by them.
- Explain the meaning for different characteristics of light: fixed, occulting, isophase, flashing, group flashing and group occulting.
- Describe the characteristics of a light from the abbreviations shown for it on the admiralty chart.
- Use the RY training charts to find the buoys and lights refereed to in the course module.