- Simply explain the Beaufort Wind Scale and the conditions associated with each “Force” of wind. Describe the wind strength & direction at any point on a synoptic chart.
- Describe the expected weather conditions at any point around the frontal systems of an Atlantic depression.
- Describe the implications of wind on sea state and how tide and land can be utilised for a more comfortable passage.
- Explain the sources for weather information and the terms used in them.
- Make a decision as to whether to put to sea or not based on a Weather Forecast.